Which entices you more: a condo or a house?
Think about it.
You’d get to live in the mountains either way, so you can’t really lose.
Angel Fire has tons of options up for grabs. Searching for a property with acres and acres of land? We’ve got it. Ready to downsize to an affordable luxury condominium only minutes from the ski mountain? Check. You’ll want to take into consideration factors like square footage, price and proximity to what matters most to you: whether it’s the golf course, ski slopes or the Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway.
The decision can be overwhelming, so we’ve broken it down. Allow Re/MAX Mountain Realty to help you decide which option is best for you and your family.
You’ll want to look at purchasing a condo if you don’t need an excess of space, you’re willing to drive to your destinations and price point is a significant factor. From our expertise and research, condo ownership is ideal if you’ll be spending winters in Angel Fire.
- Amenities: Say hello to fitness centers, saunas, private storage rooms and more. Condos have countless amenities at your fingertips that stand-alone homeowners could only dream of. See what we mean here.
- Affordability: Not only do condos boast more affordable sticker prices, but condo owners also avoid hefty bills, like those that arise from roof and foundation issues. Any big ticket cost is shared among condominium owners, so you pay a fraction of the cost instead of bearing the pricey burden alone.
- Community: Gone are the days of not knowing your neighbors. Condos provide the perfect place for mingling and meeting fellow mountain-lovers, so you’ll truly look forward to coming home at the end of the day.
- Lack of private land: If you long for vast rolling hills right out your back door, a condo may not be the choice for you. However, The Grande at Angel Fire is just minutes from the best skiing in New Mexico. Who needs a yard when you have the slopes?
- Minimal space: Need three or more bedrooms? A traditional stand-alone home is probably your best bet.
- Less storage: Condos often have less storage than single family homes. However, The Grande at Angel Fire offers owners private storage lockers for everything from winter ski equipment to holiday decorations
Purchasing a house probably makes sense for you if you require more square footage, are looking to invest, and prefer plenty of privacy. From where we stand, purchasing a home is best for those who want to spend summers in Angel Fire, thanks to how walkable outdoor activity spots are.
- Value appreciates quickly: Single-family homes appreciate in value faster than condos and therefore are prime opportunities for investment.
- More space and land: Do you dream of having horses, acreage or a big backyard for the kids? A stand-alone home fits the bill.
- Privacy: Single-family homes can offer more privacy from neighbors than most condos.
- Pricier: In some cases, a house may be out of your price range. Condos tend to be more affordable for the average buyer.
- More maintenance: With more space comes more responsibility! Being a homeowner means you become solely responsible for the upkeep of your property. Tired of the constant maintenance that comes with homeownership? A condo just might be the move for you.
Whichever you decide, RE/MAX Mountain Realty of Angel Fire can optimize your budget and help you find the property of your dreams. With our unique connection to The Grande, you’ll have easy access to the only luxury condos in Angel Fire! If you’d like to talk through your options, give us a call at (575) 216-5834.